Usefulness of regenerative medicine in humans
Dr Grept-Locher Sandrine MD
General Internal Medicine, Cosmetic Physician. Geneva, Switzerland.
MY EXPERIENCE WITH REGENERATIVE MEDICINE IN HUMANS
For several years now, I have noticed that more and more men have dared to cross the threshold of my clinic in search of effective aesthetic treatments.
Although men's attraction to beauty and aesthetics is not new, there has been a real change in this relationship. Indeed, men are no longer satisfied with buying creams or beauty care for their daily routine, they want not only to correct the signs of aging, but also to prevent them and especially to slow down this process. However, their expectations are very different from those of women. At least in our countries... Because the male beauty standards have a cultural component. Thus, I receive in my clinic men who wish to reduce their wrinkles, their negative expressions, but also to improve the quality of their skin and especially to have a rested look with a relaxed look, while keeping their masculinity. Hair loss is also an important issue.
Thus, caring about one's appearance has also become a sign of virility. It is very common in our initial discussions a complete rejection of Botox which, according to my patients, has a tendency to freeze expressions, as well as fillers which would result in a feminization of the face. They want a complete treatment that will address all of their concerns, that is above all effective while remaining natural.
For me, a great lover of Regenerative Medicine, the solution is obvious! Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP)! In the 12 years that I have been working with GWP, and in particular with the products of Regen LabI was able to expand my range of services and respond to the various requests made by my patients, and more specifically gwith the combination of PRP + Thrombin and PRP + hyaluronic acid.
Indeed, the combination of PRP+T allows me to obtain a solid gel that I will be able to use for filling in case of volume loss and which will also have, of course, the regenerative capacities of PRP. Ditto for the PRP+ HA combination which will bring hydration and structure to the skin, with PRP's own properties, for a "Golden Glow" effect. By combining these different products, we obtain an overall rejuvenation of the face with a very natural effect, while preserving the typical male beauty criteria, including a beautiful head of hair or a beautiful beard.
MEN ARE THE FUTURE OF THE BEAUTY MARKET
According to various studies conducted over the past 10 years, men are the future of the beauty market, a market that will reach 52 billion euros in 2020 (Euromonitor International study), tripling its turnover compared to 2015. Men who visit beauty salons or clinics are often active men who have realized that professional and social success depends on a well-groomed appearance.
REGEN LAB" PRODUCTS AT THE SERVICE
REGENERATIVE MEDICINE IN HUMANS
A/ PRP Classic or Standard
B/ Regen A-PRP+ Autologous Thrombin Serum: autologous thrombin is added:
Why is the combination of PRP Classic and Thrombin interesting?
Autologous thrombin serum (ATS) is prepared from the patient's own blood. It contains activated autologous thrombin. Thrombin is the enzyme that converts soluble fibrinogen into fibrin monomers that polymerize to form the clot. The addition of autologous thrombin serum (ATS) to the platelet concentrate activates the coagulation process in a physiological manner, inducing the formation of a 3D fibrin matrix, in which the platelets are entrapped. This results in a solid gel rich in growth and chemotactic factors. This allows a sustained release of growth factors at the treatment site, where the matrix serves as a scaffold for the reconstruction of new tissue.
C/ Cellular Matrix: Regen Lab Innovation
HOW IS PRP PREPARED?
PRP + ATS with cannula in deep dermis and supraperiosteal for : forehead, nasolabial fold, bitterness folds, dark circles, cheekbones, mandibular line, lips, hands...
B. PRP Standard or Matrix in papules: for scalp, face, hands...
C. PRP-ATS for the treatment of dark circles
- Marx RE. Platelet-rich plasma: evidence to support its use. J Oral Maxillofac Surg 2004;62:489-96.
- Cho JM, Lee YH, Baek RM, Lee SW. Effect of platelet-rich plasma on ultraviolet b-induced skin wrinkles in nude mice. J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg 2011;64:e31-9.
- Laurent TC, Frase Jr. Hyaluronan. FASEB J1992;6:2397-404.
- Stern R. Devising a pathway for hyaluronan catabolism: are we there yet? 2003 Dec;13(12):105R-115R.
- Hersant B, et al. Efficacy of autologous platelet-rich plasma combined with hyaluronic acid on skin facial rejuvenation: A prospective study. J Am Acad Dermatol, 2017. 77(3): p. 584-586.
- Micheels P. On the value of the combination "hyaluronic acid + platelet-rich plasma" in aesthetic mesotherapy. AFME 2016.
- Chok R. Combination of Cells and Growth Factors in a supporting matrix for skin age management. Proceedings Biobridge Generation Regeneration Congress, 2014.
- Abuaf, Yildiz H, Baloglu H, Bilgili ME, Simsek HA, Dogan B. Histologic Evidence of New Collagen Formulation Using Platelet Rich Plasma in Skin Rejuvenation: A Prospective Controlled Clinical Study. Ann Dermatol. 2016 Dec; 28(6): 718-724.
- Barone M, Tenna S, Cogliandro A, Panasiti V, Nobile C, Persichetti P. Application of regenerative medicine in treatment of acne scars. Plast Aesthet Res 2016;3:235-9.
- Redaelli A. Face and Neck Revitalization With Platelet-rich Plasma. Journal of Drugs in Dermatology 2010;9:466-72.
- Fouque L. PRP & LED. Proceedings BioBridge Generation Regeneration Congress, 2014.
- Lubin S. Improving the look and feel of keloid scars with Platelet Rich Plasma via microneedling technique. Proceedings BioBridge Generation Regeneration Congress, 2016.
- Goisis M, Di Petrillo A, Rinna C, Brillante C, Guareschi M, Youssef DA. Fillers in Aesthetis Medicine. In: Injections in Aesthetic Medicine: Springer; 2014:3-24.
- Goisis M, Stella E, Di Petrillo A. Malar Area. In: Injections in Aesthetic Medicine: Springer; 2014:73-88.